The State of Montana requires that anyone that sells, serves or mixes alcohol complete an alcohol server education course like this one within 60 days of hire. The certificate of completion is available for immediate download after you pass the final test. The certificate is valid for 3 years.
Below are some of the topics we cover in our training course.
* Effects of alcohol on the body, including behavioral cues and absorption rate factors.
* Standard drink sizes and equivalency.
* Methods to identify underage or intoxicated persons.
* Strategies used by underage persons to obtain alcohol from on and off-premise locations.
* Actions that can be taken to prevent an alcohol-related incident from occurring.
* Maintenance of documentation that may affect liability, including an incident log and/or house policies.
* An explanation of the three types of liability, criminal, civil and administrative and related penalties. (Ref: Dram Shop Law 27-1- 710 MCA, 16-3- 301(4)(a) and (4)(b) MCA, ARM 42.13.101)
* Explain “reasonable effort” as ‘any action taken by a licensee or their employee to prevent an alcohol-related incident from occurring’.
* Procedures for checking identification and the acceptable forms of identification. This information must include a graphic of each type of acceptable form of identification. These include the following: current state or Canadian driver license or identification card current armed service identification, card valid passport or passport card, valid Montana temporary driver license and identification cards, valid Montana probationary driver license, Montana tribal identifications.
* Training for handling difficult situations.
* Methods to prevent sales and service to underage and intoxicated persons.
* Techniques for refusing or denying alcohol sales or service.
Once purchased you will have access to the training course for 30 days. Please make sure you complete the training within 30 days of purchase.